Monday 8 June 2015

My ever growing brooch collection


Ever since I started dressing vintage/pinup I have always loved to accessorize with brooches. So I now how a small collection of them. I was lucky enough to inherit a few brooches from my Grandmother after she passed away. I have only recently started buying repro brooches. As you can see my Erstwilder collection is growing with my little pig being the latest. I also just purchased a Tea Set from Deer Arrow which will match my tattoo perfectly. I buy most of my vintage brooches from markets and op shops, the best thing is they are usually $5-$20. I few of them my Mum has brought for me from jewelry shops, but they are difficult to find as brooches aren't very popular these days.    
I love how they can turn a pretty simple outfit into a really amazing outfit. 



I made this brooch board about 4 months ago, it's a great way too display all your pretty brooches. Most of the time i'm too lazy to put them back on the board. I keep my Erstwilder brooches in the boxes they come in. They are so handy.


The brooch boards are so easy to make. All you need is a frame, material and a thick lining type material. (I forget what it was called) I made this from a tutorial i found online. It cost me less than $15. I think because this one is full means i need more brooches to fill another board. 
Thats logical thinking right?

I hope you all enjoyed a peak into my brooch collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment